The Emirates Spinnaker Tower
What's Included in the tour
- Audio guides in multiple languages
- i-VIEW interactive screens
- Animated film show on arrival
- Free day return
What's Excluded in the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Disabled guests must pre-book their visit to ensure they have access to our evac chair if a fire evacuation is required.
- From time to time it is necessary to close View Deck 2, the dates and times and shown on our website. Guests will still be able to enjoy View Deck 1 & Sky Deck during these occasions
Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth PO1 3TT
Nearest Train Station: Portsmouth Harbour
DescriptionSoaring proudly above Portsmouth’s historic harbour, the Emirates Spinnaker Tower is one of the South coast’s ‘must-see’ attractions, commanding the attention of all who encounter it with its stunning architecture. The iconic 170m tall viewing tower has proved to be an overwhelming success, having welcomed over 3 million visitors since opening in October 2005.
The Emirates Spinnaker Tower Experience starts on the ground floor with our brand new animated film show which explores the stories and personalities. You then travel to the first of its three viewing decks in a high-speed internal lift, reaching 100 metres above sea level in just 28 seconds. Prepare for the wow factor as stunning 350 degree views envelop visitors with views stretching out for up to 23 miles, out across Portsmouth harbour, the south coast and beyond. Those who are brave enough can test their nerve and venture across the glass floor Sky Walk, exploring more of the tower’s striking construction as well as taking the chance to appreciate the 330 foot drop below!
The elevated position above the Solent makes the Tower the perfect location to enjoy the stunning shows that the weather can create from crisp bright sunny days which makes the water below glisten like glass, to the rolling clouds and storm sequences which make for dramatic viewing.
View Deck Two hosts Café in the Clouds, offering visitors the opportunity to savour the views with a selection of hot drinks and sweet treats available.
Just a short climb from View Deck 3, 30 stairs to be exact, is the Sky Deck. Open to the elements, visitors can feel the wind in their hair or the rain on their heads as they enjoy the highest point of the tower, 110 metres up. Then having soaked up the endless views, visitors are whisked smoothly down to ground level.
- Three view decks to explore; experience the WOW of the stunning panoramic views
- Be brave and walk across the glass floor Sky Walk, 100 m up above sea level
- Use the i-VIEW touch screens and audio guides, to help you discover 1700 years of history
- Relax in one of our two cafes, including Cafe in the Clouds at 105 metres up.
- Visit again for free on the same day - as many times as you want
ScheduleDaily from 10am- 6pm. Last entry is at 5.30pm.
Amended opening hours will apply over the Christmas period and the Tower is closed on Christmas Day.